2015 International Energy Workshop
The 34th edition of the International Energy Workshop (IEW) was hosted by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) in Abu Dhabi, on June 03–05, 2015.
About International Renewable Energy Agency
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is an intergovernmental organisation that supports countries in their transition to a sustainable energy future and serves as the principal platform for international cooperation, a centre of excellence, and a repository of policy, technology, resource and financial knowledge on renewable energy. IRENA promotes the widespread adoption and sustainable use of all forms of renewable energy, including bioenergy, geothermal, hydropower, ocean, solar and wind energy in the pursuit of sustainable development, energy access, energy security and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity.
IEW 2015 was focused on:
• Climate change – mitigation and adaptation
• Economics of renewable energy sources
• Co-linkages of climate, air pollution and energy security
• Energy and economic growth in emerging economies
• Energy poverty alleviation
The selection of submitted papers and long abstracts was directed and made by the IEW Program Committee, which included, among others, the IEW’s co-directors and 2015 co-organisers:
• Geoffrey Blanford, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
• Massimo Tavoni, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM)
• Bob van der Zwaan, Energy research Centre of the Netherlands (ECN)
• Sgouris Sgouridis, Masdar Institute (MI)
• Rabia Ferroukh, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
• Dolf Gielen, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
• Asami Miketa, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
Read here IRENA's press release about IEW2015 (02/06/2015).
Further information about the workshop can be found on the IRENA website, IEW2015 web-page.
Back to back with IEW 2015, the IEA-ETSAP meetings were held in Abu Dhabi as follows: from Wednesday to Friday, May 27th-29th, the TIMES training course; on Monday June 1st and Tuesday June 2nd the regular ETSAP workshop; on Tuesday afternoon June 2nd, the Executive Committee meeting.
More details are available at www.iea-etsap.org.